XTREME-WRESTLING-NETWORK.COM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
XTREME-WRESTLING-NETWORK.COM

Wrestling & MMA Downloads [ Temp. Forum ]

Latest topics

» More on the news of Batista's daughter's sex tape
WWE KOTR Set, Concerned Mom Blasts WWE EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 9:55 pm by NativeCain

» XWN IS BACK ONLINE
WWE KOTR Set, Concerned Mom Blasts WWE EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 8:43 pm by Guest

» Major Changes Made to WWE TLC Card - Details & Final Card Inside
WWE KOTR Set, Concerned Mom Blasts WWE EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 2:53 am by Screamin Norman

» Backstage Talk On Batista Sex Tape, Divas-TLC
WWE KOTR Set, Concerned Mom Blasts WWE EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 9:28 pm by Rah

» Hardy says the internet reports are "SoWrong"
WWE KOTR Set, Concerned Mom Blasts WWE EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 9:27 pm by Rah

» TMZ: Brawl breaks out at Hogan's wedding
WWE KOTR Set, Concerned Mom Blasts WWE EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 2:43 pm by Ravagez

» Hulk Hogan Getting Married Tonight In Clearwater
WWE KOTR Set, Concerned Mom Blasts WWE EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 2:41 pm by Ravagez

» RAW Rating & Plans For Tonight's NXT Show
WWE KOTR Set, Concerned Mom Blasts WWE EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 2:38 pm by Ravagez

» This Year's HOF Inductees, TLC PPV, Brock Coaching
WWE KOTR Set, Concerned Mom Blasts WWE EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 2:37 pm by Ravagez

» Shocking - TNA World Champion Jeff Hardy - Allowed to Wrestle Impaired, Drug Use an "open secret" Backstage
WWE KOTR Set, Concerned Mom Blasts WWE EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 6:30 am by Rah

2 posters

WWE KOTR Set, Concerned Mom Blasts WWE

Ravagez
    Ravagez

WWE KOTR Set, Concerned Mom Blasts WWE Empty WWE KOTR Set, Concerned Mom Blasts WWE

Post by Ravagez Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:39 am

- Kofi Kingston, "Dashing" Cody Rhodes, Alberto Del Rio and Drew McIntyre qualified for Monday's King of the Ring tournament on last night's episode of SmackDown. Last Monday's RAW saw John Morrison, Daniel Bryan, Ezekiel Jackson and Sheamus qualify for the tournament.

WWE has yet to disclose the tournament bracket.

- TodaysZaman.com features an article written by a mother concerned over the violent nature of WWE's product denying her son's pleas to attend the company's first ever show in Turkey—held Nov. 14.

"Some of the parents of my son's classmates, who regularly watch shows featuring fighting, have told me that while they do not like the fact that their children watch shows that glorify violence, they feel as if they have no choice in the matter," Kathy Hamilton wrote. "They complain that they feel there is nothing they can do about the situation because if they try to change the channel or tell their children to turn off the television, they find themselves met with opposition and howls of protest from the youngsters. When we’ve talked amongst ourselves about our concerns in what our children watch, a few of the parents have been surprised to discover that I have completely banned such shows in our house -- both on television and through the Internet. While the result is that I do hear protests from my son about the unfairness of my rule, as long as I stand firm and stay consistent in my decisions, he knows that no matter how much whining he tries, there will be no exception to the rule for such shows."
    Rah
    Rah
    Admin

WWE KOTR Set, Concerned Mom Blasts WWE Empty Re: WWE KOTR Set, Concerned Mom Blasts WWE

Post by Rah Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:52 am

Violent nature, really? Wow, even with a PG product the WWE is still met with criticism from retards.

Dealt enough with this bs in my Psychology degree studies (and especially as a fond PC gamer). Yes, such programmes 'glorify' violence and the role models aspire kids to have a more "violent" nature but this nature only comes out in certain contexts. These kids in the studies showed violence towards an inanimate doll, so how can that prove anything except social conditioning and contextual circumstance? Kids who play fight are normal and no less (deviantly) violent than the next kid; creating contexts between "appropriate", playful violence and criminal/negligent violence is more to do with a child's moral structure.

Too long, didn't read? summary:
    TV doesn't make us violent, society/parents do.

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:29 pm