XTREME-WRESTLING-NETWORK.COM

Wrestling & MMA Downloads [ Temp. Forum ]

CM Punk's Jokes on RAW, Brock Lesnar/RAW Note

Ravagez

CM Punk's Jokes on RAW, Brock Lesnar/RAW Note

Post by Ravagez on Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:54 am

- There was a belief during RAW last night that the few mentions and clip of Brock Lesnar were meant to add fuel to the rumors and interest of him working WrestleMania 27. As noted before, many do not expect Lesnar to work WrestleMania but one person who still thinks it can be pulled off is Vince McMahon.

- As you've heard on RAW for the past two weeks, CM Punk has thrown out several "inside jokes" while on commentary, including the jabs at Alex Riley for his DUI arrest.

This is all part of WWE wanting more inside jokes and one-liners on commentary, a decision that was recently made. As noted before, WWE officials including Vince McMahon are high on Punk's announcing work.

Rah
    Admin

Re: CM Punk's Jokes on RAW, Brock Lesnar/RAW Note

Post by Rah on Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:16 am

The DUI thing works because us guys who read the dirt sheets/insider news knows about it. We probably only make up for 5% (under-estimating, I know) of WWE's audience. People won't get it, nor will they get any "inside jokes". Meh, a sort of fail on their part, but it doesn't bother me. I'm part of the 5% that will ROFL every time CM Punk says one Cool

"I'm the best in the world at what I do, and there's only two things you can do about that; nothing, and like it!" - AJ Styles

but it's alright, because Kane's flame still burns...
    NativeCain

Post by NativeCain on Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:50 am

I could have sworn that I read news about WWE cracking down on inside jokes... WTF..?
    Rah
    Admin

Post by Rah on Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:32 am

I thought so, too. Can't find that article, though. I think it was a few years ago when HHH was main eventing.

I like how CM Punk gave away the finals of KotR when Sheamus walked down the ramp for his first match. Razz

"I'm the best in the world at what I do, and there's only two things you can do about that; nothing, and like it!" - AJ Styles

but it's alright, because Kane's flame still burns...
    Screamin Norman
    Admin

Post by Screamin Norman on Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:49 am

i love cm punk as commentator. Sorta like King from years back, throwing in a few funny comments. shame i only watch raw when its after a ppv though.

XWN IS BACK ONLINE - REGISTER NOW HERE

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 25, 2017 1:57 pm